Waldorf Hotel Cafe

Waldorf Hotel Cafe
Waldorf Hotel Cafe--Designed by Scott Cohen--Built by Funhouse/PGC

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Minimalist Shop


Last year when I came to visit my friends in Massachusetts I built them the "Baby Killer" (See Blog posting from a couple of days ago). This year they needed something a little more functional for their kitchen. A cabinet. I've built a multitude of cabinets in my Vancouver shop using the industrial table saw, dado blades, pneumatic tools, perfectly calibrated chop saw, etc. Here my tool selection is more basic consisting primarily of a skill saw, a drill, and a hammer. I'm trying to use materials I've managed to uncover in their garage but I did have to get some plywood for the box.

This is an exercise for me. It's a chance to see what I'm still capable of outside of the protective confines of my usual well equipped shop location. I'm enjoying the slow assembly process.

No comments:

Post a Comment