Waldorf Hotel Cafe

Waldorf Hotel Cafe
Waldorf Hotel Cafe--Designed by Scott Cohen--Built by Funhouse/PGC

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Saving Daylight

For years while working in film I would get to work before the sun had broken the eastern horizon and get home long after it had descended in the west. I would spend the majority of my day in cavernous warehouse shops often without windows or in dark studios. I lived my life under artificial light.

Today I awoke to bright sunshine coming through my window and worked with the shop's garage bay door wide open. I stopped on my way home for a late lunch and ate it at an outside table wishing I owned sunglasses. Surviving winter instills a feeling of victory. Actually seeing the sun and feeling too warm in a sweater become sensations of triumph. I am thankful to be allowed these small but important moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment