Waldorf Hotel Cafe

Waldorf Hotel Cafe
Waldorf Hotel Cafe--Designed by Scott Cohen--Built by Funhouse/PGC

Friday, August 10, 2012

Yoga and Sleep Deprivation

One of the primary reasons I got out of the movie industry were the interminable long hours making it impossible for me to have any kind of fulfilling life outside my job. This week I was reminded of what sleep deprivation while trying to meet a deadline can be like. I built an interesting fence feature for a Lululemon event at the convention center. We installed it yesterday at 5 am and I had been at the shop finishing it until 2 am the previous night. This gave me a 3 hour turn around period to go home, shower, have a two hour nap then run back to the shop to load the truck. I was exhausted by the end of it. The difference between this and working on a Hollywood project was that I actually cared about what I was doing. Honestly, my passion for yoga attire is limited but I felt a sense of accomplishment when I left the convention center with everything intact and standing. When I was building scenery for movies and television shows (shows I would never pay money to see) all I was feeling at the end of the day was regret. I am thankful to say that today that is not the case!

I was also fortunate to have amazing people helping me--Joseph, Meagan, and Farrel were incredibly helpful and equally as tireless!




2 comments: