Waldorf Hotel Cafe

Waldorf Hotel Cafe
Waldorf Hotel Cafe--Designed by Scott Cohen--Built by Funhouse/PGC

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day 2010

I love how quiet the streets are on Christmas morning--even on the corner of Main and Broadway there is a sense of calm that pervades--I got up early and wandered outside into the December drizzle to get a cup of coffee (I also like how in Vancouver there is always somewhere open to get a coffee) and was taken by the stillness that only seems to happen once a year--

Christmas gives me a feeling of hope--the days are getting longer and though winter is really only just beginning I feel as though I need to start preparing my home and my shop for the coming year--in a couple minutes I'm going to head down the hill, sweep the shop floor, and clear space --put away tools and jigs in their proper places--I'm starting a large oak conference table next week and I need as much open area as possible to lay it out--space to focus--there is nothing that has potential like a clean shop!

6 comments:

  1. I remember the stillness of the Christmas I spent in Vancouver.

    When we're ready (we have to build the house first), can we hire you to make us the farm table we'd like for the dining room? We want to use either reclaimed wood or wood from our own property. Or are you too far away? We'll be in Tennessee by then.

    Ara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to do that! Let me know when you're ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bruce - wonderful to read what you're up to. So glad you are doing this.
    Great to see a picture of our cutting board (or is that another one? If so, I don't want to know). Blizzard here. UMass shut down. Janet and I are going for a walk and of course we will be bringing your cutting board along with us. It's never out of sight.

    Happy New Year

    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ain't life just grand altogether today! xoxo Pop

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this blog it’s very informative and attractive also. Thanks to author for this post it’s very easy to understand. sheet metal fabrication companies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your kind comment! I'm glad that you like this

    ReplyDelete