Waldorf Hotel Cafe

Waldorf Hotel Cafe
Waldorf Hotel Cafe--Designed by Scott Cohen--Built by Funhouse/PGC

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Designing Life

Lately I've found myself crowded by my own life--I tend to be somewhat claustrophobic and this reaction to lack of space manifests itself in many ways--A friend of mine recently wrote a blog posting (The Claw Foot Tub)  about the limited nature of creativity and I related to it--when I start taking on too many projects they all begin to suffer due to the lack of focus I'm capable of giving to each individually--I'm easily distracted and it takes some discipline for me to concentrate on one element in my life and giving it the proper attention it needs to flourish the way it's meant to--I was talking with my friend Donovan about this afternoon over brunch and how it's time for me simplify my life so I can focus on what's most important--stripping things down to their bare essential elements--interestingly this is generally my approach to design and building--finding the most basic form and working from that point while being careful not to over embellish--not adding for the sake of filling space--my life is very full at the moment and I'm becoming increasingly aware of embellishments that are unnecessary--time to do some redesigning


Brunch with D (in the Red Sox cap)

1 comment: