Waldorf Hotel Cafe

Waldorf Hotel Cafe
Waldorf Hotel Cafe--Designed by Scott Cohen--Built by Funhouse/PGC

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Shrine



I don't have any religious affiliations but recently I discovered I do have something of a shrine in my bedroom--I hadn't thought of it as a shrine until I noticed it the other night--they were really just a couple of things that held some importance in my life that I had grouped together with no conscious thought--but seemingly there had to have been some intent whether I was aware of it or not--an old turn of the century plane that at some point I had decided to store a bundle of sage in (given to me by a good friend)--I use this occasionally as an incense holder--on top of the plane there is a silver cup engraved with my name from when I was a baby--these all are representational of things I value and put faith in--my work, my friends, and my family (community)--they are also the things I need the most guidance and help with--while traveling I've visited a multitude of shrines and have been awed by the meticulous care put into their construction and the beauty that faith is the capable of creating--this isn't one of those...it is, however, important to me--

No comments:

Post a Comment