Waldorf Hotel Cafe

Waldorf Hotel Cafe
Waldorf Hotel Cafe--Designed by Scott Cohen--Built by Funhouse/PGC

Monday, August 29, 2011

Waldorf Diaries--Prayer to Ponos


(My new screensaver)


On Friday afternoon I gathered up all my tools that had been scattered around the house I’ve been working on and moved everything back into the shop. Now it’s Monday morning and the satisfaction of finishing of a job and having some money in my bank account is being replaced by the realization that I need to switch focus and get some writing done. I need to sit still in front of this laptop and produce something—anything! I’ve taken breaks from writing before and I know that anything I write today is probably going to be crap. It’ll end up being dragged into the trash icon and I’m going to feel discouraged. That’s just the way it is. That has been my experience.

Before I opened up this little MacBook of mine this morning I said a prayer for the ability to write what I need to write. I definitely require some help. I didn’t even bother asking for inspiration just the strength to get through this morning’s grind. Inspiration would be a bonus but I’m certainly not counting on it. The muses can probably take the day off and maybe Ponos, the Greek God of labor, can give me a hand today…

No comments:

Post a Comment