Waldorf Hotel Cafe

Waldorf Hotel Cafe
Waldorf Hotel Cafe--Designed by Scott Cohen--Built by Funhouse/PGC

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Money


For the past couple days I’ve been going through piles of receipts and invoices. Making stacks of paper and then shoving those stacks into labeled envelopes for my accountant. I don’t usually leave this until the end of April. Most years I have this financial imperative finished sometime in early March. I’m not entirely sure what happened this year. I’m not worried…it’s going to get done.

It’s interesting looking at this physical representation of my job. Where the money came from. What the money was for. How the money was spent. Last year was a particularly good year. That’s not in reference to my net income (I’ve made more money at other times in my life) but rather to the jobs I was able to do. They were interesting, challenging, and above all rewarding in a creative sense. I feel good about the work I was allowed and the pieces I produced.

Money is necessary if I want to live in this overinflated city and I appreciate a paycheck as much as the next guy but there are much more important things.


More shelving for the Waldorf Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment