Waldorf Hotel Cafe

Waldorf Hotel Cafe
Waldorf Hotel Cafe--Designed by Scott Cohen--Built by Funhouse/PGC

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Scraps and Off Cuts






Space is limited in my hotel room and using my bed as a writing desk is getting old. I’ve wanted a high desk/work table for some time but I didn’t want to spend any money on material. I also don’t usually have time to work on home projects. This week I went through the scraps and off cuts lying around the shop and came up with enough fir and walnut to build something simple and functional in my limited space. The result is a long narrow piece made of fir veneer and solid fir edging with a simple walnut inlay detail.

The top is close to completion. Next I need to figure out what I’m doing for legs….

2 comments:

  1. A "simple walnut inlay detail." Get out! Simply beautiful. Simple in design. Not simple to make for most humans. I can't wait to see what happens to your writing when you're sitting at this desk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janet! This just means I'll have to get out of bed.

    ReplyDelete