Waldorf Hotel Cafe

Waldorf Hotel Cafe
Waldorf Hotel Cafe--Designed by Scott Cohen--Built by Funhouse/PGC

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

STOP





When my alarm went off this morning the first thing I noticed was the traffic passing on East Hastings St. sounded different. It wasn't raining. The sky was lighter and possibly even clear. In this realization I experienced a sudden elevation. A feeling of renewal and peace. I turned off my alarm and made the decision to take my first day off in weeks. Then I went back to sleep for an hour.

It's hard for me to take days off. My obsessive nature is a force that allows me to produce but its inertia holds the potential to wear me out and eventually diminish the quality of my work. I'm getting better at knowing when to stop and regroup--knowing when to turn off the alarm in the dark and take a day to be quiet and rest.

When I opened my eyes again the warmth of a forgotten sun striped across my bed in bands of reassuring light letting me know I had made the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment