Waldorf Hotel Cafe

Waldorf Hotel Cafe
Waldorf Hotel Cafe--Designed by Scott Cohen--Built by Funhouse/PGC

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Waldorf Diaries--The Genius of Pushpins


My job is creative in nature. I find creative solutions to design and construction problems. It is still, however, very much a job and I need creative outlets outside of the shop environment. The reason I moved into the Waldorf Hotel was to simplify my life in order to focus attention on a particular project and over all this has been successful. Over the past month or two, however, I’ve found myself working in the shop much more than in my hotel room and I’m beginning to feel the imbalance.

Though I had not planned on going into the shop today I stopped in long enough to build a quick bulletin board. I took it back to the hotel, put the first Neu! album on repeat, and began laying out some of my notes for the project. I gathered up the pieces of paper from all the flat surfaces in my small space and with a fresh package of pushpins I organized them where I could see them. Now I feel connected and less overwhelmed by the scope of what I’ve gotten myself into. I have a visual representation of progress and the rabbit hole appears to have a map.


A start...

No comments:

Post a Comment